- 400g Button, Cup or Flat Mushrooms
- 3 green onions (shallots), roughly chopped
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs coriander (ground or fresh)
- 400g pork mince
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Canola or sunflower oil, for cooking
- Iceberg lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges, to serve
TIP: For a low carb or gluten free option, substitute the breadcrumbs for 1 Cup Almond Meal
- Finely chop mushrooms by hand or alternatively, pulse in a food processor. Add chopped green onions to mushroom mixture.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Drain any excess moisture and transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Add coriander paste to the mushrooms with the mince, curry paste, egg and breadcrumbs, mix until well combined.
- Shape into balls with damp hands. Place onto a tray, cover and refrigerate 1 hour if time permits (this helps hold meatballs together when cooking)
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in batches for 8-10 min or until just cooked through. Serve with lettuce leaves, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges
Recipe adapted from australianmushrooms.com.au