- 400g lean lamb mince
- 100g low fat feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2TB breadcrumbs
- 2TB finely chopped mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 150g peas (equates to approx. 400g peas in the shell)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed & sliced
- 4 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups rocket or baby spinach
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) – for cooking
1. Combine mince, feta, garlic, breadcrumbs and mint in a bowl and form into 4cm patties. Coat each patty in sesame seeds, then refrigerate.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to the boil, add peas and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add asparagus, cook for a further 30 seconds then drain completely.
4. Transfer vegetables to a bowl of ice water for 2-3 minutes. Drain again and set aside.
5. Heat a small amount of EVOO in a large frying pan, add zucchini and cook until golden, for about 4 minutes.
6. Transfer to bowl with other cooked vegetables.
7. In the same pan, add a small amount of extra EVOO and cook patties in batches until browned. This will be about 2-3 minutes on each side.
8. Place spinach or rocket on plate, arrange cooked vegetables evenly,
9. Drizzle with lemon juice, lemon zest and greek yogurt to serve.
- Energy (kj): 1638
- Protein (g): 23
- Carbohydrate (g): 5
- Total Fat (g): 31
- Sat Fat (g): 10
- Fibre (g): 0
- Sodium (mg): 347