• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 6 tablespoons barbeque sauce, divided
• 6 whole wheat Lebanese-style pita bread rounds
1. Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir broccoli in hot oil until tender yet still crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir sweet potatoes, lentils, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt into broccoli.
5. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
6. Add diced tomatoes and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.
7. Drizzle 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce into each pita round.
8. Scoop about 1 cup of sweet potato mixture into each pita and wrap each, folding up the bottom of the pita first, followed by the sides. Secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
Recipe from: Allrecipes.com