- 8 uncooked whole wheat manicotti pasta shells
- 225g lean turkey mince
- 1 medium onion, chopped (125 ml)
- 2 Tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 250 ml low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 box frozen cut spinach, thawed and drained
- 375 ml reduced salt marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Spray bottom and sides of 28 x 43 cm glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Cook pasta shells as directed on box, omitting salt.
4. Rinse with cool water. Drain well.
5. Spray 25 cm non-stick pan with cooking spray.
6. Cook turkey, onion, and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and spinach.
8. Spoon turkey mixture into shells. Arrange in baking dish.
9. Spoon marinara sauce over shells.
10. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
11. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.