• 1/4 cup quinoa
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 large clove garlic, chopped
• 1 (20 ounce) package turkey mince
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centre, about 50 minutes. Athermometer inserted into the centre should read at least 70 degrees C. Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.