1 tsp peanut oil
1 small onion, roughly chopped
½ tbsp red curry paste
1 can light coconut milk
1 stalk lemon grass, crushed
4 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
400g firm white fish fillets (ie. blue eye cod), cut into 3cm pieces
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
100g snow peas, halved
Thai basil leaves, red chilli and steamed rice, to serve
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft and golden.
2. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, lemon grass, and lime leaves (remove before serving), and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add fish and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Stir in fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and snow peas. Divide curry between two bowls, and sprinkle with sliced red chilli and Thai basil leaves. Serve with steamed rice.
5. Roll balls in your choice of topping. Suggestions include: Cacao powder, shredded coconut, crushed nuts, goji berries or a mixture of these.
6. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.