- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (450 g) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed (about 1.2 cm thick)
- Cooking spray
- 500g grape tomatoes
- 250g halved and sliced cucumber
- 250g sliced red onion
- 1 bag classic iceberg salad mix or chop your own
- 125mL fat-free ranch dressing
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare steak, combine the first 5 ingredients; rub evenly over both sides of steak.
- Coat grill pan with cooking spray.
- Cook steak 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
While steak stands, prepare salad.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates;
- top with steak.