- 175ml bran cereal
- 450g extra lean minced beef
- 60g shredded parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green capsicum and onion, undrained
- 1/8 tsp ground red capsicum
- 185g uncooked whole wheat angel hair
- 1 to 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Place cereal in resealable food storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or in a food processor.
- In large bowl, mix cereal, ground beef, 60g cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and 60ml of the tomato sauce until well blended.
- Shape into balls.
- Spray a 30 cm pan with cooking spray.
- Cook meatballs in pan over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Drain off liquid.
- Add remaining tomato sauce, tomatoes and red capsicum to pan. Turn meatballs to coat.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Serve meatballs over pasta.
- Top each serving with additional parmesan cheese and parsley.