Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil Mango salsa
- 1 mango, chopped in 1cm cubes
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped
- One small pita bread per person
- Salad or vegetables (see ‘Basics’ recipes)
- Place a fry pan onto medium heat. Add olive oil and diced onions. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook for a further 2-3 minutes while stirring. Place into a food processor, leave to cool.
- Add chickpeas, lentils, coriander, eggs and seasoning into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mix into a bowl, add flour, combine and form into 8 patties.
- Place fry pan onto medium heat, add vegetable oil and panfry patties on both sides until golden.
- Meanwhile, toss together salsa ingredients. Set aside.
- Serve patties with salsa and one pita bread per person and salad or vegetables (see ‘basics’ recipes).