- 175mL fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 60mL fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons drained brine-packed green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 (170 g) tilapia or sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 60g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter with oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat.
- While butter melts, sprinkle fish fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Dredge fillets in flour; shake off excess flour.
- Increase heat to medium-high; heat 2 minutes or until butter turns golden brown.
- Add fillets to pan; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove fillets from pan.
- Add broth mixture to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 125 mL (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in two teaspoons of butter with a whisk.
- Serve sauce over fillets.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.