With countless plans for weight loss online and accessible, it is important that you select a balanced diet plan that is suitable for your health and lifestyle instead of the latest trend. By implementing a balanced approach, in the long run, you are much more capable to sustain successful weight management, saving you time and ensure you maintain your health.
A BALANCED DIET PLAN SHOULD...
- Support your own wellbeing and nutritional requirements
- Adjust to your unique lifestyle
- Feature a broad range of foods across all food classes
- Enhance physical performance
- Concentrated on practical improvements in exercise and diet behaviors that last a lifetime.
BEWARE OF CRASH DIETS
Pay heed to crash diets. Many of these offer fast weight loss with little or no evidential foundation. Sometimes these programs leave out whole food groups, so you could be losing vital nutrients.
A BALANCED DIET SHOULD NOT...
- Take out whole food classes or numerous nutritional foods
- Promoting rapid weight loss without guidance of a accredited dietitian and a doctor
- Emphasis on ‘improvements” to diet and workout patterns solely short term
- Recommend unique items or alternatives to foods
- Incentivize pills and ‘cures’ for treatments.
Our Accredited Practicing Dietitians apply the art and science of human nutrition; helping clients understand the relationship between food and health. Our accredited practicing dietitians manage client-centered nutritional care by planning and implementing appropriate diets and menus for our valued clients – helping you to make dietary choices to attain and maintain health, and to prevent and treat health conditions.
How can I choose the right weight loss plan for me? (2020). Retrieved from Dietetians Australia: https://dietitiansaustralia.org.au/smart-eating-for-you/smart-eating-fast-facts/weight-management/how-can-i-choose-the-right-weight-loss-plan-for-me/