- 330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts
- 60g (2 TB) Protein Powder
- 20 fresh dates, pitted
- 3 generous tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch flaked sea salt
1. In a food processor, process almonds with cinnamon, protein powder and cacao until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
2. Add dates and vanilla and process until the mix starts to bind together. If mixture looks dry, add small amount of water to soften so that mixture comes together cleanly.
3. Using your hands roll tablespoon sized amounts of mixture into balls (this should make 12 -16 depending on the size).
4. Roll balls in your choice of topping. Suggestions include: Cacao powder, shredded coconut, crushed nuts, goji berries or a mixture of these.
5. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
- If you are short on time, substitute whole nuts for 3 cups of Almond meal or other ground nuts.
- Any kind of protein powder will work for this recipe but we recommend a good quality Pea Protein. For a lower calorie version the protein powder can be omitted; or substituted for 2 TB natural peanut butter.
- If you prefer to use dried dates, be sure to soak them in 1-2 cups of hot water for about 10 minutes before adding to the mixture.