Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 400g minced lean pork
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (OR cider vinegar)
- 1 cup mung bean shoots (optional)
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in wok or fry pan. Cook pork quickly until separate and cooked through, then set aside leaving oil in pan.
- Place onions, garlic, ginger, celery, capsicum, mushrooms and rice into the hot pan and cook gently, stirring until softened.
- Return the pork to the pan and mix well.
- Combine cornflour, sauces and vinegar in a small bowl, add to the pork mixture with the bean shoots and stir through until bean shoots are wilted and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Place two crisp lettuce leaves on each serving plate and spoon the filling onto each leaf. Serve immediately.