- 400g pork fillets, trimmed of all excess fat
- 250g medium Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. five-spice powder
- 300g snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 2 large red capsicums (or 1 red and 1 yellow), deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) hot vegetable stock
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
To increase energy and protein:
o Add a sprinkle of chopped peanuts before serving
To reduce energy:
o Use less noodles, and bulk up the meal with added veggies, e.g. zucchini and/or carrot
1. Cut the pork fillets across into 5mm slices, then cut each slice into 5mm strips. Cover and set aside.
2. Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes, or cook/soak them according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
3. While the noodles are cooking, heat a wok or a large heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the wok, then add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the five-spice powder and stir-fry for another minute.
4. Add the pork strips to the wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas or sugar snap peas and the capsicums and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the stock, stir well and bring to the boil.
Add the noodles to the wok and stir and toss for 2–3 minutes or until all the ingredients are well combined. Season to taste and serve immediately, sprinkled with coriander leaves.