Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered and pieces separated
- 2 zucchini, sliced 3cm thick
- 4 carrots
- 75g mushrooms, ends of stems cut off
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (2 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper (a shake or two)
1. Chop all the vegetables, as specified in the ingredient list.
2. Preheat oven to 230°C.
3. Mix thyme, rosemary, basil (if using), garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Put the chopped vegetables in a large bowl, then pour the oil/vinegar/herb mixture over the vegetables.
5. Stir until all the vegetables are coated evenly.
6. Line a baking sheet or roasting pan tray with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
7. Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan and pour the remaining oil/vinegar/herb mixture on top.
8. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.