- 4 salmon fillets (2.5 cm thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 60 mL dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 175 mL fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon light maple syrup
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray.
- Add shallots; sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in wine and rosemary; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Add juice and syrup; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
- Return fillets to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated.