- 3 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 125 mL orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ Tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ lb. beef sirloin, trimmed of all fat
- 2 Tsp. EVOO
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 mL cooked brown rice
1. In a medium bowl, combine the broth, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the beef, tossing to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat 1 Tsp. of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the beef to the pan, reserve the marinade.
5. Cook the beef, stirring for 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove to a plate.
6. Add the remaining 1 Tsp. oil to the pan.
7. Add the broccoli, and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes
8. Add the reserved marinade and cook, stirring for 3 minutes, or until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
9. Return the beef to the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until heated through.
10. Serve over rice.