- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 600g lean lamb fillet (cubed)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 30g dried apricots, chopped (can use any dried fruit)
- 3 TB Tomato Paste
- ¼ tsp chilli powder or pinch chilli flakes (optional)
1. Heat 1TB oil in a pan, add lamb and cook for 5 minutes or until fully browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in a deep pot. Add carrot, celery and leeks and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add zucchini and cook another 5 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
4. Combine tomato paste with 1 ½ Cups water, then add tomato mixture to pot, along with tinned tomatoes, chickpeas and dried fruit.
5. Finally add browned lamb with chilli, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.
6. Serve with mashed sweet potato, steamed couscous or polenta.