- 250 grams turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 60 mL shredded 2 % Swiss or 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 250 mL skim milk
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 165°C.
2. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
5. Add oil to the pan.
6. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese and pepper.
9. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
10. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
11. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
12. Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
13. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.