Preparation: 10 min › Cook: 50 min › Ready in: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 cup water
- 140g tinned tomatoes
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to tasteDirections
1. Combine lentils and water. Bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat to simmer, add tomatoes, onion and celery.
3. Cover and let simmer 45 minutes.
4. Check every 15 minutes to stir, add water if necessary.
5. Add spices during the final 15 minutes to taste.
6. Taste and re-spice if necessary before serving.