- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 (450g) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 500mL thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumber
- 60mL thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 60mL matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush steak with half of hoisin mixture.
- Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil for 6 minutes.
- Turn steak over; brush with remaining hoisin mixture.
- Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine cucumber and remaining ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Serve with cucumber salad