An old family favourite with some simple alterations to amp up the families vegetable intake, and they probably won’t even notice!
- 250g lean beef mince
- 300g can brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 580g (1 jar) tomato based pasta sauce (or Passata)
- 1 brown onion
- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed), or 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 125g can corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped or grated)
- 1 celery stick (finely chopped)
- 8 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 100g frozen spinach (thawed)
- Pepper and chilli (optional) to taste
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion until slightly browned and softened. Add garlic and mince, stir for 5 minutes
2. Stir in lentils, corn, carrot, celery, mushrooms and spinach.
3. Add tomato sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes
4. Add pepper and chilli as desired
5. Serve with good quality wholemeal pasta, or for an extra wholegrain hit why not try cooked Quinoa or buckwheat!
Nutrition Information (Per serve)
Total Fat (g)
Sat Fat (g)