- 60ml Fat free plain yogurt
- 80ml finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 medium green onion, sliced (1 Tbsp.)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Tsp dried oregano leaves,
- Dash salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Set aside (make 30 minutes or less prior to eating).
- In another small bowl, mix lemon juice, oil, and oregano.
- Brush lemon mixture over chicken, coating all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill.
- Cover grill. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once. You’ll know it’s cooked when clear juice comes from the cut chicken.
- Wrap pita halves in foil. Place on grill 1 to 2 minutes or until warm.
- Place chicken, tomato, and onion inside pita pockets.
- Top with sauce.