Follow these steps to make this delicious flank steak recipe with shiitake mushrooms!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (450 g) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 125g chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500g thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 250g less-sodium beef broth
- 80mL dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 125g minced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare steak, sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of steak.
- Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the steak from oven; loosely cover with foil.
- To prepare sauce, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add 125g onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add broth, wine, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 310mL (about 6 minutes).
- Add green onions, and cook for 1 minute.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 2/3 cm slices.
- Serve steak with mushroom sauce.