- 60 ml bottled tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 125 ml finely chopped onion
- Cooking spray
- 125 ml finely chopped red capsicum
- 125 ml finely chopped green Capsicum
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 450g ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine tomatillo salsa, chopped avocado, and cilantro; set aside.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 250ml.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and capsicums; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion mixture, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato paste, turkey, and egg white in a large bowl.
- Using damp hands, divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 2 cm thick patty.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Re-coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun.
- Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa mixture; top with remaining halves of buns.