- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 5 spring onions
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat cottage cheeese
- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and coarsely grate into a large bowl.
- Trim the spring onions, then finely slice with the chilli. Add to the bowl, reserving half the chilli to one side.
- Crack in the eggs, add the cottage cheese and flour, then finely grate in most of the parmesan. Mix until nicely combined.
- Evenly divide the muffin mixture between the cases.
- Sprinkle the sunflower and poppy seeds on top, then dot over the reserved slices of chilli. Use the remaining Parmesan to lightly dust each muffin.
- Bake in the bottom of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and set.
These are amazing when served warm, 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven.
They can be kept in the fridge for a few days.
Energy: 183 calories
Carbohydrate Total: 20g
Total Fat: 6.3g
Sat Fat: 1.9g
Recipe adapted from Jamie’s Everyday Super Food recipe book.