We Are Open: Don’t Let COVID-19 Stop You From Exercising!
Right now you would have seen a lot of information going around about Coronavirus (COVID-19). It is easy during these times to be overwhelmed by information and to be filled with fear. While it is important to follow the recommended advice from the Department of Health of Australia of social distancing. It is important to note that this does not mean you should stop exercising.
During a time of crisis like this, exercise is often one of the first activities to go. However, we are here to remind you of the benefits of exercise and to remind you to still try and keep it as a priority.
Exercise has a whole range of benefits such as;
- Increased immune function and reduce incidences of illness.
- Assist with managing mental health with a reduction in stress and anxiety.
- Assist with weight-loss
- Reduced risk of developing as well as assist with the management of chronic conditions such as; diabetes, heart disease, cancer etc.
- Increases bone mineral density ( and prevent bone loss)
- Assistant with the management of chronic pain
- Assistant with the management of arthritis and fibromyalgia
However, it is important to note that if you are to attend the gym we have implemented the following rules to help keep this environment as safe as possible.
The following rules are:
- Keep your hands clean.
- We have sanitizers and soap and will encourage you to clean your hands at the start and end of your workout. You are also welcome to do this throughout your workout.
- Use a towel
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- This can be done with a tissue, towel, elbow and we would advise washing your hands after
- Use one equipment at a time
- To avoid sharing of equipment prior to it being wiped down we asked that you stick to one equipment at a time. We are aware this may change your workouts.
- Wipe down equipment after use
- There are towels and sprays supplied throughout the gym
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay away when you need to
- If you are feeling unwell please stay home
- If any of our workers are sick they will be staying away from the gym
Whether you are able to come to the gym or you are self-isolating It is important to remember that exercise is important for your health, and that even during this crisis we should continue to encourage each other to move.
For more information feel free to contact your practitioner for further guidance and advice
This article is not intended to provide you with medical advice, and the advice and rules currently stated may be subject to change with this ever-evolving situation we find ourselves.
To ensure you are up to date with the recommended health advice I would recommend looking at the following page: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19