- 450g cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 175ml vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 110g whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 small zucchini, cut into match sticks
- 2 teaspoons corn starch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 175ml reduced fat grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Combine broth and garlic cloves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the garlic cloves are soft, about 15 minutes.
- After the garlic has simmered for 10 minutes, cook fettuccine in the boiling water, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
- Drop in zucchini and cook until the fettuccine is just tender, about 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, transfer the garlic and broth to a blender.
- Process until the mixture is smooth, for about 1 minute. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Return the mixture to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add corn starch mixture. Whisk until slightly thickened, for about 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in sour cream, nutmeg and pepper.
- Return the pot to very low heat to warm the sauce (do not boil).
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sauce and 125g Parmesan and chicken. Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.