- 3 3/4 teaspoons corn starch, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 450g chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 125ml coarsely chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 500ml julienne cut large red capsicum
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Combine 1 teaspoon corn starch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and next 4 ingredients (through tabasco sauce) in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Combine remaining 2 3/4 teaspoons corn starch, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and chicken in a medium bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cashews to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan, swirling to coat.
- Add chicken mixture to pan. Sauté for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan. Place in a bowl.
- Add capsicum to pan. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and corn starch mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick.
- Sprinkle with cashews and green onions.