- 4 (110 g) filet mignon steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 175 mL port or other sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat steaks with cooking spray.
- Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
- Add port, cranberry sauce, broth, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat, and cook until liquid is reduced to 60 mL (about 4 minutes).
- Serve steaks with sauce; top with cheese.